Reset a PanelView™ Plus 6 to Factory Default
In this “Tech Files” installment, we look at how to restore a PanelView™ Plus 6 to factory default state. If you have a touchscreen only PanelView Plus 6 unit, then note that you will need a USB keyboard to attached to complete these steps.
The steps are documented in Rockwell Automation’s Knowledgebase answer ID 117316 and in Rockwell Automation video titled, "PanelView Plus & FactoryTalk View ME Tips and Tricks - How to Restore Factory Defaults."
All user updates will be removed including user installed firmware updates and patches. All .MER files will be deleted.
- On PanelView Plus 6 models (firmware 6.x and greater), there is a small, recessed button labeled DEFAULT into which you can insert a thin non-conductive probe. Press the Default button until the screen becomes dark, and then let go. This will restart the terminal in Maintenance mode. Important Note: If you have a terminal in a Fault state, you will need to press the Reset switch first, then press and hold the Default switch until you see the menu.
- Use the down arrow on the keyboard to select Special BOOT Action.
- Once Special BOOT Action is highlighted, use the left arrow key to select Restore Factory Defaults.
- Use the up arrow to select Continue booting with selected options.
- Click the Enter key on your keyboard to begin booting the PanelView Plus 6 to Factory Defaults.
See the PanelView Plus 6 Terminals User Manual (publication 2711P-UM006) for additional Maintenance mode information.