HPS TruWave Active Harmonic Filter
HPS TruWave™ active harmonic filter (AHF) serves as a comprehensive and flexible solution for harmonic mitigation. It provides advanced control and proven reliability your facility needs to solve power quality issues.
It monitors the load current and very quickly responds to the power system distortion as it develops. A corrective current is injected to effectively cancel out the harmonics required from the upstream power source. The result is a harmonic load on the power system that is acceptable, with more balanced current and voltage waveforms.
- Voltage Rating: 208-480 VAC; +12%/-15% (600 VAC with the use of autotransformer)
- Current Rating: 50A, 100A, 150A, 200A, 300A @208-480VAC (40A, 80A, 120A, 160A, 240A @600VAC)
- Frequency: 50Hz or 60Hz, ±5Hz
- System Configuration: 3 phase, 3 wire, plus ground (consult HPS for use on 4-wire systems with significant line-to-neutral loading)
- Harmonic Attenuation: < 5% TDD as per IEEE 519-2014 (typically requires either 3% line reactor or 4% DC choke)
- Actively reduces harmonic distortion to below 5% complying with IEEE-519 recommendation
- Improves power factor resulting in decreased utility cost
- Parallel system installation to accommodate large scale applications
- 98% operation efficiency to lower operational costs and increased reliability
- Balances three phase loads for increased usable system capacity
- Corrects for single/multiple loads enabling cost effective solutions
- Standard factory warranty is 18 months from the date of shipment, or one year from the verified date of startup, whichever comes first.
Feel free to reach out to learn how the TruWave Active Harmonic Filter by Hammond Power Solutions can create better power quality in your facility.